View Single Post
Old 10-08-18, 04:17 PM   #6165
ophic
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
the lunatics have taken over the asylum. we have had to get care workers in to do duties for my wife as im not capable or allowed due to my ill health.

i was informed that there are different care workers to do different tasks even though most care workers have been trained to do all the tasks. so you get 1 person to dispense drugs another to use "equipment" and another for personal stuff like getting dressed etc.etc. so for my wife to have a bath it requires a nurse trained in using a mechanical lift (bath chair) to lower my wife into the bath then another nurse to wash my wife then the other nurse has to work the chair again then the other nurse has to dry and dress. so thats two wages to do one job, or two people that could be dealing with different clients.

now for the best part. none of the nurses are allowed to lift my wife's foot/leg on and off the stair lift.

WTF is going on with society.
Let's back it up a bit and think. The simple and sensible idea, based on industrialization concepts, is that no-one performs tasks that they haven't been trained for and assessed as capable. Makes perfect sense.

So you'd think that they'd simply train the right people to do the jobs they need to. This is where it falls down. The concept isn't flawed - just the way "we" do it. We're either so stretched for staff that they can't take time off for additional training, or the whole thing has just got bogged down in administrative overhead. Or - probably the most likely, is that no-one at the right level of decision making has any interest in making one person capable of doing the jobs of three. Lastly, if you even achieve that goal, you might well just end up with more unemployment overall.

I mean everyone needs feeding regardless of whether they work or not. Therefore industrial efficiency in the workplace has limited returns.

Last edited by ophic; 10-08-18 at 04:19 PM.
ophic is offline   Reply With Quote