Thread: Windows 10
View Single Post
Old 05-02-18, 01:55 PM   #7
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: Windows 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenSV650S View Post
I've never had an OS start up or shut down quicker than 10. Did you do a fresh install, or upgrade from 7?

The auto updates p me off. Especially when you want to do a quick restart and it starts installing them without asking
installed to a raid 0 partition and its a lot faster now. easy dual boot as well top tip, although microsoft say that the free upgrade is finished its technically not, you can still upgrade using your old key from say win7 but you must instal the exact same equivelent OS. so if your using say win7 pro 64 you must install win10 pro 64 and you must do a fresh instal.

what i did like is the way microsoft will install the boot media straight to a thumb drive over the internet. it even works off usb3 thumb drives on usb3 ports

not tried installing on the 'kodi' compluter i built with NVMe drive to see if it has the built in drivers to recognises the drive during instal

i'm testing a workaround just now that will let you choose updates just like win7. its in the admin templates.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote