View Single Post
Old 05-09-10, 03:47 PM   #8
Jayneflakes
Mega Poster

Default Re: Bar conversion with pics

Right update time.

Just been for a blast on the bike, since fitting the bars and I can report some interesting things. She feels bigger on the road, I can see where I am going and I don't have neck ache! The bars being where they are feel very stable and steering is fast and responsive, but not twitchy, even with the lay back on the risers.

Motorway blasting is fun, the fairing sends the air just above my head, but there is buffeting around my arms now. However, there was a cross wind and I was giving it beans. Being restricted, means that there is a lower top end speed, but I never ran her at full tilt to notice. Tucking down behind the fairing for those extra 1 or 2 MPH wont happen anymore, but for actual ridability, that has really gone up.

My main problem with the new configuration though is one of exuberance, the new bars are wide and high and simply encourage a hooligan riding style. It is awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
your a dike-with-a-bike not a bike-thats-a-dike.

runs and hides into my dark hole again. sorry
You had better hide good, I iz a commin' to get ya and I got me a nasty big chainsaw!

Yeah, I iz a big dyke, which coincidentally is not a very nice way of saying it. My Mother prefers the term "Between Boyfriends!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Jayne you're a Pussy Magnet
My bar swap and custom suspension

Buy my latest novel and help fund my addiction to strippers and Lego.
Jayneflakes is offline   Reply With Quote