View Single Post
Old 05-08-19, 09:37 AM   #1
Seeker
Mega Poster

Default more of my old bikes

I found some more pictures of bikes I've owned. Here's one from 1976 a Honda CB400/4, it was the second iteration - the passenger footpegs are now on a frame bracket not the swing arm. Sensible mudguards (I know - its a pet hate of mine on new bikes). In 1976 this cost £680 new.

#

This is the first bike I bought in the US after battling the wife for a few years. A GS500E, can't remember which model but they only chanaged the colour I think between years. $1500 second hand in 1999. A previous owner had replumbed the fuel lines unbeknownst to me and it was running on reserve all the time. Fortunately, I was only a mile from a gas station when I discovered this.

Still in the US, here's my California spec SV650S, it differed from the other 49 states, can't remember why but I recall the tank was different. I could afford this because I'd just got divorced which was the only good thing to come out of that stressful time, pic says 02 but I bought it in late 01 I think.

The CA spec SV was very cold blooded (strict emission regs) but you could buy a kit with different jets, change the needle positions and increase the air screws slightly which solved the problem (and dropped your mileage). I think the 650S was released in Europe before the US and whatever the UK price was, we paid the same numbers but in dollars (so if it was £5000 we paid $5000 - quite a bit cheaper).
After this bike I wanted the SV1000 but the US release was weird you could buy the SV1000S but I wanted the N. It was eventually released in the 49 states but not CA and Suzuki wouldn't give an answer if it ever would be. I got tired of waiting and bought a Honda 919.

Last edited by Seeker; 05-08-19 at 09:39 AM.
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote