Thread: B*ll*cks
View Single Post
Old 22-02-19, 09:45 PM   #20
R1ffR4ff
Mega Poster

Default Re: B*ll*cks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
I nearly joined you this evening. I was two blades of grass away from being in a ditch. On overly familiar roads heading home as it got (very) dark. Just about pushed hard enough on the right bar to not lose it. Properly full of adrenaline afterwards.. I then found myslef muttering outloud... "f*%&ng idiot" repeatedly for about 2 minutes." Mine was entirely my own fault not staying focused rather than the uncontrolable diesel spills though.
Glad you came out alright.I don't think there's anyone on Two wheels who hasn't lost concentration and made a bad decision.In a car you can get away with a lot of mistakes,the same mistake on a Bike and we all know the possible consequences.

Also statistically this time of year has the highest incidence of major and fatal motorcycle injuries.Change of season and road conditions and riders like myself who now,"Winterize".When I do put my Bike back out I am always very wary of the fact I need to re-hone my skills and awareness.

At least twice a month on a clear road with no side roads I do an,"Emergency Braking" test on my Bike.This reconnects with stopping envelope of my Bike and checks that my brakes are 100%.If not I address the issue.

I've posted this video before but it's well worth a watch/re-watch,

YouTube Video
Error: If you cannot see this video, then either YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed to play it.

Won't help with Diesel spills but still good.

Last edited by R1ffR4ff; 22-02-19 at 09:46 PM.
R1ffR4ff is offline   Reply With Quote