View Single Post
Old 17-11-14, 01:14 PM   #65
jambo
Mega Poster

Default Re: Supervox Down :-( ... But Not Out :-)

Glad to see you're on the mend.

Give yourself some time to recover and think through what suits you and the family. Ideally that'll be another bike, but that's a choice for you guys to make yourselves. I remember my dad breaking his leg on a CB250 having decided it was a good shout to use it on ungritted roads in the winter. As a kid I just accepted he had a cast for a bit, the idea it could have been any more serious I don't think crossed my mind, but I was younger than the twins are now.

In either case wait until the shoulder's right before seeing how you feel as the last thing you want to do is buy a bike that doesn't suit you and then not feel able to enjoy it.

If it helps any when I started riding I was one of the least quick of the group I knew and I was the most keen to wear half decent gear. This is because all my family rode bikes and I knew it was inherently dangerous and should be approached with respect. Carrying on riding may not be a bad thing for the boys to see you do, but again, that's entirely your choice

Heal quick!

Jambo