View Single Post
Old 15-03-19, 11:59 AM   #3841
Seeker
Mega Poster

Default Re: Smile of the day - What is yours?

I have an old (8 years ish) Toshiba Satellite laptop which has served me well, it's still running Win7 which has never been reloaded (only copied to another drive). It's had a couple of different drives as I've been tinkering and it ran ubuntu for a while. The only problems I've had with it concerned the case - the hinges succeeded in ripping out of their supports which required epoxy and nuts/bolts to reassemble it.

I've fitted an SSD (the original drive still works) and a 5Ghz wifi adaptor but, for the second time, the battery has died. I decided to get a larger capacity battery which now bulges out below the main chassis like a hernia. The battery seems to have totally confused Windows estimation of charge remaining and it now results in giving wild guesses in the hope that one of them may be correct.
It started this morning (7am) with 100% and 3hrs 40 min remaining (which was poor), it's now almost noon and it's saying 47% and still 3 hours 40 min remaining although it did sneak in a 6 hours remaining an hour ago. I think the poor thing needs a rest.
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote