View Single Post
Old 09-11-18, 09:02 AM   #12
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Default Re: SV650sy - the past eight years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
You're right about them being underrated Col. So many people get them with their eyes fixed on something bigger, faster, and flashier, and consequently never really get to appreciate these bikes as they just see them as a step on the ladder.
My old curvy could do with a bit of a cosmetic refresh really, as it is looking like a well used bike, but I don't have the money to do much about it. It would also mean I'd have to be bikeless while I did it, and I don't really want it off the road for that length of time. One day.....
No point in having a litre bike on todays roads, it could be a one way trip to a wooden overcoat if you try to use performance.... The SV has ( IMHO ) just the right amount of performance in the right place ( pretty good without revving the nuts off it ) and if you need standard handling improving you may well be going too fast on the roads anyway ( different if it is a bike used on track). Never been one for blinging up bikes for the sake of it, tried an MRA flyscreen which did not seem much of an improvement except in that it made helmet a lot noisier, so now taken off ) fitted fender extender, rear hugger, tank knee grips and LED spotlights and LED headlight bulb (the last two more for people seeing me than for me seeing the road as I am not normally on the bike after dark - but they would be useful if I was ).

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote