Thread: Sv650a l7
View Single Post
Old 25-06-16, 11:36 AM   #1
Seeker
Mega Poster

Default Sv650a l7

Am I the first to register here with a SV650A L7? Anyway, I traded in my 2012 Street Triple (yes, really, so if you're thinking about a triple, I'll answer any questions) for another SV, which makes it my third.
I bought a new 650S curvy in 2000 in the US and a (used) similar model when I returned to the UK 3 years ago so I knew what I was getting into.

I've only done 300 miles (in less than a week) but here are my impressions. It's very quiet (Euro4?), I was so used to the triple's cacophony that it was immediately noticeable - I've never fitted loud pipes to any bike in 40+ years of riding but I may make an exception for this one. The seat is diabolical, no really, it was designed by the devil and loaned out for the Spanish Inquisition. After an hour you wonder if you'll be able to sit down again - I'm having it rebuilt by Core seats of Nettleham (Lincoln).

The suspension is much better than my old curvy's, no excessive fork dive on braking and comfortable for a budget bike. My last SV's were economical but so far (running in, 5k rpm max), I'm getting 80 mpg.
Bottom line; so far, I like it.
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote