View Single Post
Old 07-10-18, 09:39 AM   #6405
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
I crashed my radio controlled plane this morning I think I've finally realised that this is one skill that needs some tuition - there's no room for making mistakes. The take off was ok and I was flying at about 75 feet (too low really), I did a gentle left turn without a problem and then tried to bring it back down wind when gravity stepped in because of what it saw as a violation and the plane met a turnip field at a rather acute angle.

The propeller was smashed and the wings are back into two pieces with a chunk missing out of one aileron. I think it's fixable.

Then a lady pulled up in a land rover and berated me for trespass, fortunately I had asked the farmer (her uncle, as it transpired) for permission but he hadn't mentioned it to her. It ended up in one of those typically British things where we both apologise as much as possible.

Still, she did inform me that there was a flying club in another corner of the airfield and she will text me their number.

It was 49 years ago on the same airfield when I last crashed in another rash "I can do this on my own" moment. Well, apparently, I can't, there are times you need help (and I hate asking).
I've always fancied an RC plane but i know crashing and fixing will wind me up, as well as the cost.

I enjoy going to the shows they have round here, so I'll stick to that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk