View Single Post
Old 06-07-08, 12:40 AM   #1
shorn

Question recommend me some roads/routes!

hi all, had the SV for about 3 weeks now and really enjoying it and building up my confidence slowly but surely! Up until now I've mainly stuck to local roads (new forest area) but this week I had a good blast up to Winchester via the A3090 which was very enjoyable and on Friday I went up to Fareham and went up and back down the A32, after reading that it was a good road on a biking route website. The A32 was OK but was very busy with cars and also a bike copper parked up on route. Maybe this spoilt it a little but I didn't really find it that challenging or exciting a road.

I'm hoping that some people can give some good recommendations for roads in and around Hampshire, ( I live in Marchwood, Southampton.) I'm really looking for some routes that can help me pick up some good experience and also offer a little fun!!

I'm looking forward to some ride outs with friends and such at some point but I feel happier getting some experience on my own for a little while whilst I build my confidence.

Many thanks!