Thread: City cars
View Single Post
Old 19-01-21, 02:20 PM   #10
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Default Re: City cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by embee View Post
Swift is generally liked and good reliability levels.
The Mk1 (02-08 ) Jazz will get the catalyst cut off by pikeys (try a google search), the mk2 (08-15) was probably the most reliable version of all, but I'd say it is a good size up from a city car. I have a mk3 (facelift) 2018 Jazz and it is not a small car by any means, great if you want interior space but I wouldn't recommend it as a city car, if that's what you are really after (4m long, 1.7m wide, 1.5m high), a lot bigger than my mk1 Yaris.
True I did wonder if I was suggesting cars that are too big. I test drove a newer Jazz for someone and it drove suprisingly well but I was well impressed with the interior space and seat folding down mech.
What's the positive of going for something smaller than Swift size, weight and fuel economy/tax? Parking spots? Pricetag? Safety? When I see the tiny little Lupo's etc I often think they'd need more mass in an accident or they'll just take the brunt of all energy an impact with a 'regular' car would generate - appreciate there's a good chance my physics may be way off.

Last edited by Dave20046; 19-01-21 at 02:23 PM.
Dave20046 is offline   Reply With Quote