View Single Post
Old 01-10-19, 10:54 PM   #1
Tommiller0211

Default Considering putting stock muffler back on :-s

Hi everyone, first post rather than only reading up for info....

I have a K5 SV650 naked in black, all black including a black carbon oval exhaust which came with the bike. The seller claimed that the baffle "fell out" when riding and he never decided to sort it. This effectively makes the can illegal, despite passing MOT with an advisory.

So the story goes, I've been riding this bike round for a whole year and I absolutely love it! I love the look of the bike, it handles great and its quick enough for me. The exhaust is pretty loud, so loud that I have been wearing ear plugs on my daily 8 mile city commute as the noise is not really bearable. At first the sound was great, but now the noise is kinda wearing me out. I acquired a stock exhaust for the grand total of £15 inc postage but never fitted it and don't really have the resources to spend over £100/£150 on a new road legal can.

So I am considering putting the stock can back on......
I want to ask the following:

Will my fuel efficiency improve with stock exhaust?
Will the bike sound like crap?
Will the added weight be noticable?
How difficult is it to re-install the stock exhaust when the pipe has been previously cut?
Is it possible to buy an affordable good looking stubby exhaust that is road legal?
Should I just leave the current pipe as is and keep purchasing ear plugs and sounding like a yobbo?
Somebody please help me make a descision!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
This is a picture of what the bike pretty much looks like now.
Tommiller0211 is offline   Reply With Quote