View Single Post
Old 05-03-16, 04:51 PM   #9
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Default Re: Shoulder checks and SV650s position

Could be I'm trying to cover too much. Just the experience yesterday seemed to prove that my shoulder check wasn't adequate enougfh. It wasn't a full lifesaver as I wasn't stationary, just trying to glance at my blindspot after mirrors to check, but can't have checked properly until the second glance (which I'm glad I took), otherwise I'd have been out in front of a passing car. I was trying to suddenly slow but keep moving avoiding going in to the back of the HGV and dealing with a situation that unfolded quite quickly. The real problem was that the HGV was parked up on double yellows just round a blind corner on a fairly fast road, but wrong or right these situations will occur, so I want to be as best prepared and equiped as possible to deal with them.

Several times in the day I felt I wasn't getting a good enough look alongside with me with shoulderchecks though, with my shoulder stopping me turning my head sufficiently. Made me very wary riding and really didn't enjoy it.

Has anyone had the Top Yoke bar conversion done and found it helps with observations?

Last edited by Adam Ef; 05-03-16 at 04:53 PM.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote