View Single Post
Old 16-01-13, 07:08 PM   #50
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: Abba stand are they worth the money?

like any tool you get what you pay for. i have never heard anyone say they have broken their abba stand and to me that says it all. they do what they were designed to do very very well and like all good tools you only buy it once.

when i got mine it was delivered with a bent stay and with one phone call i had another at my door the next day then via email they organized a courier to pick up the bent one, all this was FOC.

as for an increase in price, well the price of the raw material has gone up so the end product goes up. they have to pay wages, BOC contract fees, lighting, heat, rates, plant, building rent, insurance and make a profit.

yes i could have gone down the workshop and made myself one in fact i could have made a stainless steel one (and i'm very capable of doing so) and saved a bundle but why bother when you can help keep a member of the British public in employment.

yes they are very easy to make and have a few design faults but that's due to ease of manufacture than anything.

why make life hard when you don't need to and pizzing about with Heath Robinson contraptions to save a few £. buy cheap buy twice.

the biggest thing i can say about the abba stand compared to other stands is that it's safer to use and you no longer have to do the paddock stand shuffle.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote