View Single Post
Old 22-10-18, 02:20 PM   #6479
timwilky
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

My dad changed his will 3 days before he died, instead of the estate going to his children, the lot went to his wife.

They had been together since she was our baby sitter in 1964 and they married in 79.

It caused a lot of friction in the family, our inheritance stolen by the woman who had stolen our father. The thing is, whilst my father was wealthy, the source of his business was a loan from my maternal grand father that he never repaid and was recovered by that side of the family not paying out to my mother when he died.

2 of my brothers and my sister have not spoken to "Her" since my father funeral and have a real grudge against me as the executor.

They will not understand that in his last days he realised his will made many years ago did not benefit his wife, as it stood she would have inherited a small pension. We his children were all financially independent. We did not need his brass. She needed a home/income.

As things now stand, my eldest daughter and I hold power of attorney (well being/financial) for "Her". I am also her executor. I know she has made large loans to her family that were never honored with one nephew saying knock it out of my inheritance, a large loan of several hundred thousand was made to prop up her brother in laws business that went under, they sold the business property and are using that as a pension rather than meeting the company debt. This forcing her to remake her will. I am under instruction that on her death. No one. Neither my fathers family, or her family get into her house. I bet the will, will make interesting reading!

Where there is a will, there is a family. Deserving or not!