View Single Post
Old 03-02-07, 08:15 PM   #3
philh

O... M... G!

I'll take first prize in the 'state the bleedin' obvious' contest now, but what a difference some decent rubber makes!!!

My only previous experience when it comes to switching about with tyres is on 125's, but that having been said, I cannot believe how different my SV handles now.

Went out for a 'spirited' ride to Sidmouth today. (A last minute realisation that the sun was out, the clouds were in and I had a rare free afternoon!) Took a gander at the stricken Napoli. You can just see it over my left shoulder...

(Furrybeans ex-leathers still making me look all hard and manly... )

When the doddering old codgers in their Nissans got out of the way I had the chance for some fun. And what fun! The bike falls into bends so sweetly now and lean is suddenly, well, simple! No drama. Everything feels absolutely stable, stuck fast and under control even when I start playing silly buggers in the twisty bits. My mate on his FZR1000 was knackered trying to keep up. Which he couldn't. Well, OK. He got me on the straight bits!

Such a major difference over the old Z4's. I'm very, very happy with these tyres!