View Single Post
Old 17-08-17, 09:46 AM   #4830
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ophic View Post
Ok where do I start... OK I'm just gonna say that most Muslims are quite nice people. You can draw your own comparisons.
Yes, I have traveled a great deal, in fact I now hate airports and planes, I have worked with muslims ( and in muslim countries and found their way of government oppressive) and think a lot of them are nice, but then again I have worked in Germany and think a lot of Germans are nice, and I do realise that the majority of Germans were not in favour of WW1 and 2, but enough were radicalised by their leaders to cause a heap of sh!t.

I lived in overseas countries twice (legally, after going though 6 to 9 months of paperwork and medical checks) for a total of 15 years and you know what, I have always respected the laws of the country and wishes of the people who have let me visit / live in their countries and have NEVER tried to change their way of life or set up my own parallel legal system based on a book written by men thousands of years ago. I wish the same could be said for certain groups who have fled poverty and deprivation in their country of birth and then try to change your government from a secular one to a religious one (which we have learned the hard way in thousands of years of trouble and fighting in Europe will never work).

Some people react if you are nice to them by being nice back, others think you are weak and will take advantage - it's the way of the world.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2017/02/...oderate-islam/

The allies sleepwalked into WW2 because they did not take Nazis seriously and the league of nations was weak and prevaricated, I hope we don't do the same again by not taking the aspirations of other groups seriously.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 17-08-17 at 01:19 PM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote