View Single Post
Old 16-04-16, 06:55 PM   #8
Redmist

Default Re: New season - New project SV650 build

Earlier in the week I had a few parcels arrive so I set about the bike again today.

Firstly I fitted another lower yoke from an ebay breaker and joy of joys, the wheel is now straight when the bars are. So I could carry on and get her road ready.

Some wheels arrived too, powder coated (Which I'm not usually a fan of) in black so I got the local garage to throw on some supercorsa scrubs I had.
Sadly the front wheel wouldn't balance without discs so I whipped them off the old wheel today and have left him with the black one to try again on Monday.

Still I fitted my wet wheel from the trackbike, which I need to bed some pads onto anyway and then set about fitting the black tail plastics from my trackbike build.

In between the showers and sleet, I cleaned off a load of road gunk on the swingarm, fitted the tail, fitted the wheels and the temporary headlight solution.

I stood back and admired my two week turnaround!

"The brothers twin"

I ran out of time to fit the genny cover so that'll have to wait.

The ignition key is giving me some issues, after plenty of attempts to even switch the damn thing on, it turns out I have to pull the key towards me in order to get it to move and I cannot get it into the lock position.

But at least I can give her a road test before further mods for the suspension and a decent headlight solution.

(The V5 arrived today so yes the will soon know its now black)

Cheers chaps

Want a Gyrocam for your track / road / racing videos? Gyrocam here!

Bikes: Minitwin SV650 '04. Click me!
SV650 (Now Nekked!) '04. Pictures here!
Redmist is offline   Reply With Quote