View Single Post
Old 28-05-07, 05:22 PM   #15
weazelz

Default Re: Rockingham National - BH Monday 28th May

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_SV650S View Post
I wanna play with my wets now I have put them on my wheels!!! At least it sounds like it was proper wet therefore the tyres will be in the correct conditions ... there is nothing worse than 'damp'

Will they be issuing a credit not for time lost?

Oh and as a tip, duct-tape another set of sliders on the first set 'doubling up' ... kneedown is easy then and if you are like me and need to use your knee as a measure, it fills you with confidence instantly.
oh yeh, believe me, it was proper wet

I don't expect any credit - they suspended sessions because there was too much standing water, ie for safety reasons. maybe they should have let people go out on wets though. I'm not sure if they got a single session that didn't get at least a yellow flag

let's not get ahead of ourselves - I would have needed about six sliders taped to my knee to get a kneedown today I wasn't being terribly brave into or through the apex, but I as pleasantly suprised at the drive I could get coming out. I would haev liked to have been able to continue into the afternoon if the weather hadn't been so shocking, I was getting a feel for the wets. I would advise people to stay clear of me the next time I'm on standard tyres on a wet track though lol