View Single Post
Old 23-07-16, 12:54 PM   #1
prisspringle

Default fuel pump electic problems

hi guys,

Yesterday morning i went to start my k3 650 to go to work i couldn't get it too start, it would spin over but not sound like it would fire, tryed turning the kill switch on and off a few times but still nothing, i then noticed that the fuel pump wasnt priming. i wheeled the bike be inside and left it.

this morning i went to try the bike again and it started, i had planned to go out on the bike if it was working so i turned it off again and went to get my gear on, came back out and it started again, i stopped at a petrol station about 5 miles later filled up and yet again it refused to start.

as luck would have it a AA van pulled in to fuel up and i asked him if he could help, i'm an AA member but on my car only. we discovered that the kill switch works fine there is power at the fuse, there is power at the white connector but not enough to power the pump, we ended up jumping power direct from the battery to the pump and it worked.

now would there be any connector or area of wiring that likely to be a problem.

the bike before hand has been fine never let me down or had any problems, the only change is the bike has been kept out side and not on a trickle charger.

any ideas would be great

many thanks

chris
prisspringle is offline   Reply With Quote