Thread: Ar 10
View Single Post
Old 03-08-09, 01:07 PM   #20
Cazza

Default Re: Ar 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo View Post
Just so we're all clear, there is no comittee deciding on the AR this early on. If you want the AR in YOUR area, on YOUR roads, and you think you can organise it. Stand up and be counted...

...Put a bid in, or offer only positive support when someone steps up to the plate and says they'll organise it where they are.
I agree whole-heartedly with this. It's really frustrating to see all of the moaning and whingeing posts that get put up each year in the run up to the AR, regardless of where it is or who's organising it. If we were all paying membership for the org, or the person / people organising the AR were being paid a wage by us then yes, fair enough, our 'right' to complain would be different. But we're not. It's organised by people who donate huge amounts of personal time, petrol money, their own sanity and god knows what else; and I'm massively grateful for it.

Constructive criticism and useful suggestions, which are of help to the organiser should always be welcomed - but I do wish the sniping comments could just be left out. If someone on the Org is willing to organise accommodation, some food & facilities and a fantastic rideout route then I'm delighted to turn up, pay £5, £8, £10 or whatever, per night. Let's keep things in perspective and not turn the organisation of the AR into a stressful unpaid 'job' that discourages people from wanting to have a try at it.

I had a brilliant weekend - great place, great route and a fantastic bunch of orgers!

Last edited by Cazza; 03-08-09 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Bad spolling