View Single Post
Old 16-06-18, 11:42 AM   #10
R1ffR4ff
Mega Poster

Default Re: Alternator/reg/rec question ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by daktulos View Post
Thanks all - the solar charger would be a problem as there's another garage above me and it would be a bit awkward to get a wire out of the front. I might give the car battery idea a go, as I do have a car to lug it about. I was actually thinking about putting an SAE connector (or similar) in anyway so I could carry something like this around with me:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/DBPOWER-120...dp/B01DLRGY8A/

But then I decided that it was crazy and I should just try and find/fix the problem.

As well as checking the connectors, etc., if I have time I'll check the voltages at the battery and lights this weekend, and I may even see if I can get an ammeter in line (although not when starting).

I have one of those but it might not be any use through the SAE connector as the current they supply is very large.However it's bailed my Car out of the poo several times as I've not been using it much in the Winter and the Alarm drains the battery :O

It's still good to fit an SAE connector though as then it's easy to plug a charger in when needed.Also it supplies my Keis Heated inner gloves in the cold.

Last edited by R1ffR4ff; 16-06-18 at 11:44 AM.
R1ffR4ff is offline   Reply With Quote