View Single Post
Old 24-01-12, 12:04 PM   #8
Runako

Default Re: France to Spain to Mallorca and back again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ralph- View Post
My wife comes from Laon, about 100 miles South of Calais on the A26. For me it's usually the most spirit lifting road on earth, it means I've just left the in-laws behind

Thanks for all the advice so far which is brilliant. Taking a few of your suggestions on board.

Ralph - Portsmouth to Le Havre it is. You're right, it will save both time and money (doh) and I don't mind kipping on a seat, its all part of the fun! Plus I get the chance to ride that big Bridge coming out of Le Havre.

Ogden - Thank you for giving me some perspective. I will take the extra day or two as that kind of a distance is unrealistic considering I've never done it before.

I've also decided to get a tailpack so you've convinced me. I'm used to a rucksack but would only take very light stuff in it and emergency supplies like snacks and chocolate bars Gonna have a little read of your blog now.

If I have to do Motorway (and it looks like i do) how much will it cost? Also what kind of petrol costs am I looking at from Le Havre to Barcelona (just a rough figure)?

Thanks guys, looking forward to more of your comments. I'm starting to get a bit excited

Last edited by Luckypants; 24-01-12 at 12:58 PM. Reason: fixed quote