View Single Post
Old 20-04-13, 05:21 PM   #87
millemille

Default Re: SV special build - S-pokey-V.

Last update for a while as I need to get this....

...ready for this....

www.thelongestdaydownchallenge.co.uk

...in 9 weeks time.

Anywho, slung the engine in and borrowed a couple of calibrated straight edges from work and set about checking the chain line and wheel contact patch alignment.

Good news is that I got my sums spot on with the swingarm modifications and the front sprocket is smack bang in the middle of the chain slider..

...and that if I hadn't decided to have a combined sprocket/cush drive carrier made by a friend who's a dab hand with the CNC'ing..

...the front and back wheel would be ****-on in line with each other with the chain run being straight.

As it is the back wheel is out by the extra width of the sprocket/cush drive carrier. This isn't that big a deal with spoked wheels. Hagon can rebuild the wheel with different length spokes and "dish" the wheel to pull the rim over towards the sprocket to compensate for about £120.

Looking at the bike side on with the engine in....

Two things are apparent.

1. I'm going to need to purchase an adjustable length rear shock, either Ohlins or Nitron, as there's not enough rear ride height/swingarm angle at the moment, the bike's sitting too flat/shallow with the forks at the length I want.

2. The under engine silencer is back on the cards....
millemille is offline   Reply With Quote