View Single Post
Old 14-10-18, 11:11 AM   #20
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Default Re: Rear brake still sticking after servicing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650rules View Post
... there is nothing to pull the pads back except a bit of flex in the seals. Can you get rear wheel off the ground and spin it and listen for noise ?

I think this is part of the issue. I don't think the seals are flexing with the piston. Possibly the seals I've bought, or maybe an issue with the caliper I got a while ago to replace the original that someone had cross threaded the mounting bolt on. I'm having a go at overhauling the original caliper and have managed to correct the threads, fitting the bolt from the opposite side and recutting the threads. Hard work as had to be done off the bike threading bolt from the inside but seems to have worked. The original caliper was a lot better condition than the replacement apart from the cross threading problem, so here's hoping if I use it again the issue will be solved. Having another afternoon in the garage today it looks like.

I have the bike on an Abba stand and wheel spins but lots of drag and no visible movement in the piston retracting. Not even a fraction of a mm.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote