View Single Post
Old 19-10-18, 06:47 PM   #54
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Default Re: Topyokes conversion

First proper ride out for a few hours today. 100+ miles and wow, what a difference! I could have kept riding all day. The bars are much better, much lighter in feel and now so glad I did the conversion. I wish I'd done it sooner and had more comfort in the last couple of years. I've been thinking of doing it and putting it off since I got the bike. There are moments where I miss the clip ons when speeds are higher on gently curving roads, but I'm sure if I had them back I'd be cursing them.

TPS adjustment down to 1600rpm (or immediatley as the throttle starts as suggested by Bibio) feels much better too. The engine definitely feels a bit revvier and benefits from keeping the revs up and being confident and defnite with the throttle too for a bit more smoothness. I think I've always had a habit of keeping revs too low. Slightly less engine braking than before but I've adjusted to that pretty quickly. Will be interested to see if my mpg changes as I've always got approx 60 to 65mpg in the last couple of years. The way it's revving feels like I'll be burning more fuel.

The moments of jerkiness today can be put down to realising how many of the roads are in such bad shape near us now, not helped by the stock suspension (next on the list to sort out) and all the bumps knocking me about making me nudge the throttle occaisionally... and also my moments of ineptitude : )

For anyone who is thinking of doing the conversion I'd definitely say just do it. Very pleased.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote