View Single Post
Old 22-03-08, 09:36 AM   #1
Tim in Belgium

Default Trackday idle banter thread.

Thought I'd start this to see how it goes for general TD chat after seeing how the Silverstone thread has gone.

So my TD experiences in order so far (all on my SV):

Zolder
Lydden
Croix en Ternois
Cadwell Park
Mallory
Nurburgring (16 ish laps to date)
Croft

The most crazy one was Croix en Ternois with the french, someone forgot to tell them that it's not a race, even in the novice group.

The longest day was Lydden, I rode from Belgium to France, got the euro tunnel, did a track day at Lydden then rode all the way back, I was whacked by the end of it.

All were done on Pirelli Diablo Stradas, front pressure between 31-33 psi, rear 33-36 psi. I rode to all of them bar 2 when I took the bike in a sheep trailer.

Got Croft and Spa booked for this year, and a couple of trips to the 'Ring planned. I'll try and get to Cadwell again too. So far i've always been in the novice group, but will now go in inters when returning to tracks I've been on before. After modding the suspension a little last year I'm loking forward to the improvement in the bike when returning to tracks, it was very much evident at Croft last year. I've also got some stickier rubber in the form of Rennsport roads to fit.

So what have your track days been like?

Any rambling stories?

Tips?