View Single Post
Old 28-11-17, 10:11 AM   #6
R1ffR4ff
Mega Poster

Default Re: Broken Radiator Bolt - SV650 1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blapper View Post
I just replaced my horn with a bigger louder one - I'm a bit worried about the mudguard clearing it on full compression. Any ideas R1ffR4ff?

Mine's same as yours.
There's no marks on top of my guard so mine hasn't grounded AFAIK.I'm not a mad fast rider but am spirited when the moment takes me<grin> and I ride some pretty rough terrain.I have some favourite ,"Goat-Tracks" I ride and some are not well kept.

If you look at mine it is angled out and away though.
I'm almost certain that the ATF in the forks has been replaced with 10w/15w fork oil as they aren't spongy and when I got my SV the rear was a little bouncy so just took up the rear shocker a notch and that cured that.The bike takes everything I can throw at it with ease with the Stock suspension.

Here's an old video I made on one of my old CX500s @ one of my favourite little spots up here called,"Millington Woods/Picnic area" not well known so not touristy but the camera doesn't show the true crappiness of some of the surface and I've ridden the SV there several times with no problem.

YouTube Video
Error: If you cannot see this video, then either YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed to play it.

https://tinyurl.com/y9ug4sgx

Last edited by R1ffR4ff; 28-11-17 at 10:33 AM.
R1ffR4ff is offline   Reply With Quote