Thread: Slipping Clutch
View Single Post
Old 19-06-17, 10:40 PM   #13
R1ffR4ff
Mega Poster

Default Re: Slipping Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by synXero View Post
Oil wise I'm pretty clued up having owned fast cars for 5+ years. No worries there. I've changed the oil in the bike a few months ago.

That clutch mantra thread / associated video should sort me out I reckon. How many hours work is there in this...? Hopefully I can get some time for it!
Max an hour or well less 2nd time.Just take the plastic side cover off and do the adjustments at the gear lever end.This is THE most important area.This also includes resetting the gear shift leaver height to your foot/boots.Me got big feet for my height(Size 11) and me always wear the boots.

Also I had to take off the Bright nut on the shifter arm and clean the whole area with Carb/Brake cleaner and the secure the nut and washer as it was a little loose.As it's low torque I just used my old knowledge e,g decent feel hand-tight using the knuckle of my socket wrench and lubed with lithium grease.

Although recently new to the SV family of Motorcycles the clutch and gear-change set-up is quite sensitive inasmuch as it needs getting right but once it is it's superbly slick.When you get the bottom area right you can use the Clutch lever adjuster as a final tweak but the Bottom end MUST be right first.