View Single Post
Old 12-05-18, 09:21 PM   #9
R1ffR4ff
Mega Poster

Default Re: K1 carb refit after 4 years in storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by netsurfer View Post
Since starting this thread, I've found the tax disc and it turns out it was last on the road in 2007, so actually 10 years off the road!

Ok I've managed to split the carb where the air screw goes in (just the outer part, no air leaks) - it's not for moving even with heat, drill & stud extractor!

Have decided to try them as they are in case the screw doesn't need adjusted. If it does i'm afraid i'll have to write off the rear carb and try to find another one or attempt to fix the original with parts from the s/h pair I got.

This will involve removing the JIS screws from the throttle butterflies, does anyone know what size the heads are? It seems there are 3 common JIS screw head sizes, P1 P2 and P3

Don't want to get a full set as they are about £10 each!

Cheers
Pete
BTSTGTTS on seized studs/bolts etc.

There's a great home-made rust release/anti- seize release fluid.
50/50 mix of Brake fluid and Acetone.

I also have some left-hand Drill bits.

As for the JIS sizes not sure but an old trick,once you have used some anti-seize release around the screws,is to use a Thick rubber band on top of the Screw Cross point screw head and push the screwdriver into it and the screw-head,

It gives extra purchase.Also I always tighten screws a little before trying to release them.It cracks the corrosion seal.

I work on Aircraft and so I also have,"Screw-Grab" in my garage,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SCREW-GRA...wAAOSwKfVXK1wI

I also have one of these for accurate localized heat application,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Welding-S...kAAOSwlp1Zu8~u

PS
If by,"Stud Extractor" you mean an,"Easi-Out" then only buy quality as cheap ones will bite you in the Bum!

Last edited by R1ffR4ff; 12-05-18 at 09:41 PM.
R1ffR4ff is offline   Reply With Quote