View Single Post
Old 17-10-12, 09:34 AM   #3
Nobbylad
Mega Poster

Default Re: OTaL: Picture Thread

My efforts below...not as inspiring as Brettus', but even though I had the camera for a bit longer, the weather was always carp and I couldn't get some of the shots I wanted.

I declined to do a self-portrait on the basis that one shot of my ugly mug is enough (in the handover).

My new bike, haven't had a road bike in over 25yrs...crikey it makes your bum sore/teeth rattle!

This was a great view, but a rubbish picture. Where I was stood was quite gloomy, but the sunshine was glorious over the patchwork quilt of landscape. In the long distance to the left, you can just make out some of the windmills on the Liverpool/Crosby coast.

A pretty dismal shot of my bike, I couldn't park it so the sun was behind me and I was running out of time to get some shots in

I wasn't sure how well this one would turn out, it's a house that's been a local landmark for as long as I can remember. It's in Southport and is built on what is basically a swamp of quick sand (at least that's what we used to think as kids). The land all around is quite sandy and as it's close to the coast, moves around quite a bit. The original houses were built on rafts to stop them sinking, however it didn't quite work. There's a lot of new developments around the area where, presumably, they've engineered the foundations better, however this house is one of the few left and when you see it, it looks wierd...this old, wonky house, that looks like it's going to fall over, right next to a load of brand spanking new (straight houses).

Finally, a food picture! A pan of traditional scouse in it's formative day...once simmered for several hours, it was left to cool, then re-heated the next day for maximum flavour, served with warm, crusty bread, with butter and red cabbage. YUM! (and it's used up for lunch during the rest of the week).

Nobbylad is offline   Reply With Quote