View Single Post
Old 03-05-18, 05:32 PM   #3045
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Default Re: Smile of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
Making the most of the weather, and my "between gigs" situation, I decided on a whim to go see my parents for a couple of nights. It's the first time they've seen Hugh in the metal and Dad is smitten. The real smile is me winning a bet with Mum that I could get from High Wycombe to their place in Norfolk without using any dual carriageways, which took me over five hours instead of the usual two and a half via the motorways. It was a great day for a ride and taking the back roads when you have all day is great fun as well - so many quaint villages, hardly any trucks or vans, only the odd tractor and miles of twisty empty roads.
Britain is a different country when you get off the motorways, there is really so much to see and lovely quiet back roads where you can stop when you want to and enjoy the scenery (or the local cafe or pub).
Only problem at this time of year is there can be lots of tractors loaded with smelly stuff, I once saw a trailer full of liquid sh!t that had overturned and the poor driver was literally 'shoveling sh!t' back into the hedge to get it off the road.

I used to work with a a guy who's claim to fame was 'he could find anywhere as long as it was on the M6'.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 04-05-18 at 08:24 AM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote