Thread: River Thames
View Single Post
Old 06-06-08, 12:02 PM   #6
Caddy2000

Default Re: River Thames

Quote:
Originally Posted by krhall View Post
It's one of those things I never really take much notice of despite working less than 100 metres from and having always lived with 2 or 3 miles of, but yesterday I cycled home from Greenwich to Dartford following the Thames the whole way 18.5 miles.

It was absolutely superb......it was a spring high-tide and the river was at it's busiest with massive boats travelling both ways. It is easy to forget just how industrial this river still is.

I had to share just how good it was with someone, I loved the journey it was superb, I can't believe how lucky I was to be able to do that on my way home.

The only downside was that as I cycled home and left the SV at work, I had to cycle in this morning and my seat was a little "delicate" shall we say.........
You should have waved, I work right beside the Thames Barrier on the North Bank just upstream.
The Thames is a fantastic river and there's always something of interest going through the Barrier. HMS Ark Royal has been my highlight, but Thames Barges are always a wonderful sight.