View Single Post
Old 12-09-12, 04:45 AM   #8
BanannaMan

Default Re: 9/11 respect

[QUOTE=Berlin;2770037]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Small Clanger View Post

No they bloody didn't! They were dragged extremely reluctantly into the second world war due to the Japanese attacking Pearl Harbour! TWO years after the war started!

I don't commemorate 11/11 or the Hillsboro events or the 7/7 events. I don't commemorate openly, any dead.

They are in the past. Having lived in various countries where the past is an embarrassment, (China, Japan, Germany) I find the way they deal with it as an unspoken-of respect to be far more civilised way of doing things.

But then I've never been one for getting all gooey eyed for folks I don't know.

Oh, and quite frankly, I couldn't care one jot if me not towing the popularist line upsets of offends anyone. Free thinking and all that.

C

No matter where in the world it is, no matter what it is, no matter if it falls into line with your beliefs,
If people are paying their respects to whomever or whatever and you interupt to say you have no respect for whatever,
that's considered being an ********.
If you have no respect for others, you could at least have some for yourself.

Your crap comment on WWII I'll put down as anti-American sentiment.
Surely you can't be that ignorant of history.

I won't go into all the supplies we sent you on passenger ships the first two years untill the Germans gave up protesting and started sinking them.
Or that America knew there would be an attack from the Japanese and allowed itself to be drawn into the war. (was much more devastating than the naval battle they were expecting) Note it was the fight with the Germans, not revenge on the Japanese that was always the first priority.
Or how the local soldiers from where I live were the soldiers who landed on Omaha Beach on D- Day and there was nothing reluctant about how they fought and died that day.

But I expect you to have no more respect for that than you do 9/11 or Lockerbie, or 7/7 or anything else.

"The Mountains are calling and I must go"

Last edited by BanannaMan; 12-09-12 at 04:58 AM.
BanannaMan is offline   Reply With Quote