View Single Post
Old 11-12-18, 09:23 PM   #15
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Default Re: Spring weight for bike weight.

I did pump the stachions and left them overnight. Checked oil level the next day and it was slightly low, so topped up and pumped them again before reassembling.

I think the back being set for decent rebound is having an effect on the front as it throws backwards and forwards a bit. I could lose the rebound on the back to match the speed of the front rise, but that would make it crap all round, although balanced. Ideally I'd like to sort the front. It's coming apart again in the next few days to have the holes welded and I'll take it from there. Next step after that will be to try mixing 10wt and 15wt if the welding doesn't do enough.

If I hadn't just done the bar conversion with the new Topyoke I'd think about doing the total front end swap instead.

It doesn't need loads of change on the front. Just a bit of decent rebound on it and then it should all be good enough for what I use it for.

The back feels ok even with the "temporary" ZX10r shock on there. If I aim at potholes and ride through hardly touching the bars the back end stays impressively smooth. If I'm holding on to the bars even lightly though I get knocked and bounced about. I noticed it a while back too when I was doing the TPS adjustment as the bounce when riding was causing issues with throttle control.

In terms of handling on decent surfaces, cornering etc it all feels so much better.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote