View Single Post
Old 03-08-19, 08:07 AM   #8
Grant66

Default Re: First world problems and bike dilemmas

Screen: it seems to be widely acknowledged that the stock screen is a bit crap and shorter ones offer "cleaner" air to reduce the buffering.
Some have reported that the puig Vario gets good results, but different sized people get different outcomes.
It appears that every bike has a screen that somebody isn't happy with otherwise there would be no aftermarket options available.
The naked version doesn't have any buffeting or noise issues, but then you get the full wind force on your chest which can be tiring at higher speeds although it does give your core muscles a decent workout.

Seat: not had a problem (no worse than the sv) with the standard mt09 seat. I've read that the comfort seat is worse.

Economy: didn't get the mt09 for economic riding [emoji14] but still gets around 56mpg on average taking in the Welsh scenery. Mt07 version gives 75mpg but at the expense of that top end power.

Traffic: it'll never fit through the gaps an sv can, but then the sv is narrower than my shoulders (with the curvy mirrors folded in). Main issue is it feels bigger so you don't try to get through the smaller gaps.

Fuelling: it does occasionally introduce some interesting wheelies, entering busy roundabouts on one wheel can be fun (depending on your definition of fun). But you know it's a "feature" and you can minimise it's effect by keeping a little throttle on.

You're going to make the economy worse if you map it out.

What was it about the sv you didn't like and the change was going to fix?

Personally, I miss the weather protection in the winter I got from the fairings (Fixed with heated gloves).

I don't miss the painful knees or having to take a run up to get past traffic on A roads.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Grant66 is offline   Reply With Quote