View Single Post
Old 16-07-20, 06:42 PM   #8349
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

First gripe is that I've had too many gripes recently and seem to post in this thread too much !

Second gripe: I found out today that as I am not officially the registered keepr of the GSXR yet as I still have no V5, my insurance isn't technically valid as it states that I need to be the registered keeper. I wasn't aware of this and have been using the bike. So as I supposedly can't use it ( and shouldn't have been ) I decided to Sorn it. So I go to the DVLA website. Options for sorning a vehicle are either using the new keeper slip or the V5 number. I don't have either as the green slip was sent 3 months+ ago to get the V5, which is still not going through and no info as to when it will.

Then the website directs you to phone the DVLA.. something I've had no luck with for a while now. But I tried anyway and actually got through this time eventually! Only to be told that only the registered keeper can sorn a vehicle and as I'm not the keeper yet I can't sorn it so need to keep paying tax until the V5 arrives. Catch 22! They still don't know how long until my application gets attention either.

Having no luck with this bike and the experience is starting to sour. I bought it in March!
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote