Thread: 1st April 2013
View Single Post
Old 03-04-13, 09:06 PM   #20
ogden
Mega Poster

Default Re: 1st April 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimo View Post
haha, see I really struggle on the straights, and it was too cold to really get on the brakes really hard or get the power down (last year in the summer I was braking at the 200m marker, Monday was at the 300m marker). It was annoying though, some of the 1000cc's would come blatting past then practically stop on the bends.
Yeah, sorry about that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimo View Post
I give people a lot of room as I don't want to take anyone out. I could have run in the fast group, but they were all racers prepping up for this season and I didn't fancy it after having so many cut me up at Brands a few weeks back. When summer comes in though I'll go up.
I only moved up from the novices last September - well overdue, really, but the final straw was that the novices just started to feel downright dangerous - I could never work out what line the bike in front was going to take so I could do a clean pass. Not so much a racing line as Brownian Motion on two wheels. That said, look what this berk did to me when he forgot to brake...

Watching the videos, I can pinpoint all my major faults (braking too early; turning in too early so even when I hit the apex I run wide on the exit; inexplicably revving out in first rather than change up to second). Shame I couldn't do two good days back-to-back, as I find I can spend the second day fixing the faults from the first.

On the plus side, the new tyres (Michelin Power Supersport) are awesome. Streets ahead of the crappy Maxxis hoops I was running last year.
S1000XR | 990SMT | YZF-R6 #7
ogden is offline   Reply With Quote