Old 17-10-16, 04:41 PM   #1
Jacobus

Default Building From the Ground Up

Most Recent 6-13-2020

98F244D0-2B1D-47BC-8776-C85A4E4AA0A9 by -Ransome-, on Flickr

[/url]20181211_130111-810x607 by Jacob Martin, on Flickr

VIDEO
https://youtu.be/X_sryKkNckI

Sup fellas, this is my first post. After reading a lot of forums and looking at a lot of pictures of different styles of bikes, I decided to build a sv650 from the ground up. I do not live in the UK but I was inspired by sheepshaggers build thread "building from scratch" he's building one up piece by piece too. I live in the states in Arkansas. I mainly rock crawl in my 99 xj and play weekend mechanic. Building a bike is something I've always wanted to do. Arkansas has plenty of softails I want something different.

I'm going to try to be the only guy that lays hands on this build from start to finish. Wiring is going to be very basic, and other things are going to take along time. But I'm in it for the long haul.

I bought a 1999 frame at the beginning of the month. It came in on FedEx Ground on the 10th I think. I ordered some cerakote and sandblasted it, just etched it. Here's a picture of the frame right before I cleaned it with the air gun. Cerakote should be in today. I've decided on graphite for the frame, and dark metallic body with a matte orange asymmetrical racing stripe.

Frame by Jacob Martin, on Flickr

Last edited by Jacobus; 13-06-20 at 08:25 PM.
Jacobus is offline   Reply With Quote