View Single Post
Old 09-03-19, 08:00 AM   #1
Othen

Default Bloop - what do you think about this problem?

The pilot jet adjusting screw on my 1976 B100P was sheared off when I acquired the bike. I have a spare screw, but the bike runs fine as it is, so I’m wondering whether it is worth trying to fix. I was just wondering whether anyone here has had a similar issue and if so how they dealt with it (I asked the question on a CCM forum a while ago and the consensus was: leave it alone).
I think the only way would be to drill out the brass screw, but the slightest slip might ruin the aluminium carburettor body (it could be replaced with a similar new Mikuni VM20, but the 43 year old patina could not be).
What brought this to mind was the exhaust manifold issue I had recently with my K6, and the set of left handed twist drills I bought (but didn’t need) to fix that.
So, if anyone out there has experience of removing soft brass screws from ancient aluminium throttle bodies with left handed drills perhaps you would drop me a line with your advice. If the answer (as with the CCM crew) is to leave it well alone then that is fine.
Alan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by Othen; 09-03-19 at 08:29 AM.