Thread: Neonicotinoids
View Single Post
Old 25-01-21, 02:33 PM   #23
Seeker
Mega Poster

Default Re: Neonicotinoids

I used to write to my MP with the thought that he would listen, then came the time I was asking him to consider not allowing a foreign takeover of one of the UK's last large engineering firm - in the National interest. He quoted Tory policy, told me that he totally agreed with me, then voted along party lines anyway. Hypocrite.
In a subsequent email, I mentioned, in passing, that all Tories are untrustworthy and he took exception to that and said he would no longer respond to my emails unless it was an actual need.
I have no idea whether he even reads my emails or has them deposited straight into the junk folder.

Since then my emails have become... err, shall we say a little more critical of the government.

I have absolute confidence that nothing I have said or will say to my MP makes any difference whatsover when all he does is vote along party lines and that's depressing.

It's still cathartic (for me) to rub his nose in the government's failures since they're coming so fast and so often, recently. So, I'll keep emailing.