View Single Post
Old 19-04-12, 03:27 PM   #2
L3nny
Mega Poster

Default Re: Fireblades - 919 or 929

I had a 929 for just over 2 years. I have never ridden a 919 though and wouldn't buy one as I have a phobia of carburettors.

The 929 is probably for the money the best bike you can buy, I did everything on mine including a few track days and a 3,000 mile 2 week tour of Europe. Even though it was a super bike in it's time it's more like a sports tourer by today's standards I rode from Warwickshire to Grenoble in one go which is about 700 miles without too many aches and pains.

Don't be put off by the fact it has more power than the SV, I went straight from an SV to the Blade and it improved my riding so much more than if I had stayed with the 650 and I had only passed my test 18 months beforehand.

Only downside is it will be heavier on tyres than the SV and it does like to shake it's head a bit when you give it some on a bumpy road so try and get one that's been fitted with a steering damper.

I paid £2250 for my 2000 RRY model from a dealer with a warranty in March 2010, it was a little cheaper as it had no service history. I wouldn't have been able to get a CBR600F for that money.

£2500 will get you a good low mileage example from a dealer and plenty go for a lot less on Ebay.

Buy one, you'll love it.

One more thing, make sure you have 2 keys with it as a new one is £65!

Last edited by L3nny; 19-04-12 at 03:33 PM.
L3nny is offline   Reply With Quote