Thread: bias
View Single Post
Old 25-11-18, 07:56 PM   #10
maviczap
Mega Poster

Default Re: bias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
I was too, then picked up a cheap older Trek (Emonda) carbon frame to try something different to steel and love it. Even though it's dated with external cabling etc the ride is great.

I had an old steel Mercian (British hand made) frame that was lovely, but strangely fitted with old Campag 8 speed Record components (sacrelidge I know! Classic English frame and classic Italian groupset!). The Campag record looked amazing and worked well when it was tuned, but needed adjustments every week or two. As much as I loved it I'm much happier riding more dependable Shimano groupsets.
Similar experience, having ridden steel for most of my life, I'd tried returning on my old steel Colnago after a 10year break, but just couldn't. Sold that ( big mistake) and got the love of my life, my Wilier Izoard. Still have it, won't ever get rid of it, everything about it's ride is perfect.

I still have a steel framed bike, which rides nicely, plus a Chinese Ti frame, but neither ride like my carbon Wilier. The only material I won't consider is aluminium or an alloy frame.
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote