hovis

Default Re: AR10 Chat

AR10 the welsh TT

brought to you by....

HOVIS AR president and rideout navigator

GRUNTYGIGGLES AR co-ordinator

LILY Hovis' PA and AR secretary

DIAMOND head of logistics

"190 miles of twisty, bike friendly roads taking in the best views and roads that Wales has to offer.

Starting from the Picturesque Campsite near Hay-on-Wye the route takes us through Abergavenny on route to experience the fantastic 1000 sheep road and the Brecon Beacons

From there we head to Llandovery, followed by a drop into the beautiful Elan Valley before going across to Crossgates then skirting past Talgarth to finish back at the campsite in Hay-on-Wye"

Camping will be at the Baskerville Hall Hotel in Hay-on-Wye, Powys HR3 5LE . The hall is where Arthur Conan Doyle got the inspiration for the book, Hounds of the Baskervilles but I'll give more info later on that.

Camping facilities are:

3 acre level field exclusively for us
Hard standing for bikes exclusively for us, but you can have bikes on the field as well
Plentiful toilet and shower facilities for everyone
Hotel bar with separate entrance exclusively for us
A swimming pool free of charge
Able to have BBQ's on field so long as they are off the grass
Able to bring own alcohol so long as it's kept out of the bar
there's a water tap in the field, there's chemical waste disposal for those who would come in a caravan/campervan etc as well.

The hotel has a nightclub attached to the rear and is £5 if you fancy making shapes on the dance floor. Having camped there I can say that there is no noise to be heard from the club when in the field... I didn't even know it was there until I was told!
Food has not been confirmed as yet, but we have a few options and all are cheap and excellent, so will confirm soon
Plenty of petrol stations and shops nearby although the site itself is in a beautiful spot with fantastic views over the Brecon’s and on the doorstep of amazing roads!

The price will be confirmed soon, but it will be a very pleasant surprise as this place is less than half the price I would have expected for what you get!

This is the place..........quite an old picture, has much more grass on the field now as you can see in the picture in my thread!

Last edited by hovis; 02-09-09 at 11:43 PM.