Thread: The Veg Plot.
View Single Post
Old 09-02-20, 11:31 PM   #1
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Default The Veg Plot.

There were a few people here posting last year about their veg gardening efforts. It's about that time again, so let's see what progress folks make with their veg plots this year.

One of my daughters and I are getting busy with our veg gardening now. I got two of my three terraced beds back into production last year after an eight year layoff. We're busy getting the third bed back up and running again, and preparing a large fourth bed. Lot of work to do yet but progress is being made.

I've just placed our seed order with Garden Organic and on Saturday a group of us went to a potato day organised by Shropshire Organic Growers. We were expecting a fairly small, low key event. We were pretty astonished to find the carpark rammed and several hundred people in the hall. Excellent event, we bought our seed potatoes there. We're doing tyre towers this year as an experiment. It takes up less space growing spuds vertically rather than horizontally, so we'll see how we get on.

We're also hoping to put up a polytunnel this year, and we're going to remove two unproductive pear trees and make the area a soft fruit bed. Progress should accelerate once I have the money needed to by the timber to repair existing beds and build new ones.

Pictures to follow once I get the chance.

Anyone else starting yet?
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote