View Single Post
Old 17-03-09, 10:13 AM   #1
Tiny 12

Default Im new....with a bobber SV 650 project!

Im new to this forum.

I have just got an amazing deal on a neked 99' SV 650.

my plan for this bike is to make it into a "bobber"

I had originally planned to use the SV as a donor bike and transplant all into a hard tail frame. But I have been told that gettign a custom frame will take quite a while and the transplant will also be pretty time consuming so I have decided to play around with the existing bike and at least get to ride it this summer!!!

So far I plan to get the seat a little lower and very stubbie, how I’m not sure yet….. maybe play around with the sub frame, but that depends on what I have to relocated to were ect ect ect even.

I have a GSXR 600K7 front (forks, radial brakes, yokes, need to find a front wheel!!) lined up for the bike, which will go on shortly (when I have found a front wheel which will fit!). And I have a few ideas for the rear, I was just wondering what the diameter of the rear spindle was on a 99 bike??

Other plans include swapping the link pipe for a home made slash cut pipe, a guy I know recons that he could baffle it out to kill a few of the Db’s (well a few over an “open pipe” anyway!) and dropping a tooth or two on the front cog to give it blistering acceleration not to worried about high speeds really!!!

Well its great to be on here and Im sure I will be bugging you soon!!

Attached is a picture I doctored one lunch time…if I got the bike looking close to this I would be happy!!