View Single Post
Old 24-03-16, 01:31 PM   #8
Redmist

Default Re: How easy is it to fit different types of fairings?

The GSXR fairings 600/750 k4/k5 are about the easiest. Because they are wide and you have plenty of room for the clip ons. and to clear the wide radiators of the K3/K4 pointy.
Can be used with the standard clock bracket but you'll need some brackets making to find the other fixing points.
And when I say brackets, these can simply be shaped strips of metal.

The daytona ones seem to get mixed reviews with some having to cut the fairings to clear the clip ons correctly and others seem to "go straight on" but I have no personal experience.

ANY fairing kit you add will require extra little bits on your part to make them fit. (Maybe not the the ARD / BB ones as they can be bought with fitting kits) so best to just get on and learn. Its not difficult, just requires some thought on occasions!

One other tricky bit is exhaust clearance, I cut a long hole in my bellypan and then ballooned it out with fibreglass to give the exhaust correct clearance so that is another thing to bear in mind.

RSV4 do look nice but again I don't know how easy they are, I think Sarah of Jordans's motorcycles has seen plenty so might be able to advise. She is often on the Facebook minitwin group.

Want a Gyrocam for your track / road / racing videos? Gyrocam here!

Bikes: Minitwin SV650 '04. Click me!
SV650 (Now Nekked!) '04. Pictures here!
Redmist is offline   Reply With Quote