View Single Post
Old 20-04-18, 06:47 AM   #8
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Default Re: It's official. Winter has gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
My car has a pressure monitoring system (crude one that compares wheel speeds) but it correctly flagged up a puncture that I would never have noticed by eye.
If you compare the 'crude' ABS pulse system with the one using pressure monitors on each wheel the ABS one does not cost you anything but if you change wheels every year for winter tyres like we do and have to have wheels fitted with sensors it can get expensive, also spare wheel can be a problem if not fitted with a sensor. The ABS one on our Honda cars is pretty accurate really, when I had a slow punture in a rear tyre it flagged up a puncture after tyre had lost 4psi, also triggered when pressure in front tyre was 3 psi too much, and also knows when you have had new tyres fitted. I read on forums about peoples gripes with pressure monitors and am glad that I have ABS system. Honda went to pressure sensors for only one year (2015) and complaints from buyers meant they went back to ABS based system following year.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote