View Single Post
Old 18-09-16, 03:01 PM   #100
svbmx

Default Re: SVBMX Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathcarr View Post
Oh my word!! Just read the whole thread, this is amazing your attention detail is ace!! You see a lot of projects that have been kind of thrown together if you like but not this. Awesome job man and great choice on the colour I love it!!

Was the s-rad front end easy enough to fit
Thanks, appreciated Yeah front end was pretty straight forward. Grinding away at the headstock to retain the steering lock was probably the most hassle but with a good dremel bit it was relatively easy work. The rest was just a case of bolting it all together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
how about turning the seat cowl upside down and a bit of fibre work, just adds a bit of colour.. excuse the photo work as i'm pants at it but you get the idea.

Attachment 16072
That's a good idea to use a cowl as a starting point for a belly pan kinda thing, but I unless the bike has a full fairing I believe all colour should stay on the upper half of a bike (with exception of the front mud guard). Personal preference of course. Never been a fan of belly pans anyway.

Ive considered this kinda thing...

Perhaps incorporated into the exhaust. I've measured up and done a few cad drawings but no further than that yet. Also depends if I'm gonna work around the stock exhaust or make a new front section to work with.. whatever you might call it!!

Last edited by svbmx; 18-09-16 at 03:03 PM.
svbmx is offline   Reply With Quote